Morecambe Vintage Bus Running Day 2018
Morecambe Promenade [Morecambe]
The RIBBLE VEHICLE PRESERVATION TRUST will again be operating its popular ‘Vintage Bus Running Day’ in Morecambe Sunday, May 27th, 2018.
• With a selection of vintage buses, many from the old local Ribble Company, RVPT will operate a FREE service from Carnforth railway station and Happy Mount Park to Heysham Village every 10 minutes from about 09:30 to 18.00.
o Great links to Barrow in Furness, Skipton, Preston and Carlisle.
• There will also be displays of vintage buses and coaches on the promenade near the Midland Hotel and in the car park of the Festival Market.
• This is a great day out for all the family, while parents and grandparents can reminisce, the younger passenger can experience to sounds and smells of the past, chirpy conductors and possibly even try their hand with an old ticket machine…
• With bi-directional bus stops at Carnforth Station, Morecambe Winter Gardens, Happy Mount Park and Heysham Village, there is ample opportunity to get a good Sunday lunch, take in a stroll on the prom and grab an ice cream.
• Subject to good weather, open top buses will be in operation
• In additional there will be the popular Bare Circular, Stalls selling memorabilia and Three mystery tours (approx. 40 minutes) on vintage coaches
• Programmes available on the day for £4 with a full details and timetables.