Blood donors urgently needed for several sessions in Cumbria
Written by John Williamson on 27/06/2022
Blood donors are urgently needed to fill sessions in Cumbria and help rebuild stocks.
The sessions are:
- Bell Hall in Carlisle on Monday, June 27, which is only 78% full.
- The Cross Fell Suite in Penrith on Thursday, June 30, which is only 72% full.
- Egremont Town Hall on Friday, July 1 , which is only 70% full.
- Appleby-In-Westmorland on Monday, July 4, which is only 59% full.
- Netherhall Community Sports Centre on Friday, July 8, which is only 68% full.
You can make the appointment at www.blood.co.uk, by calling 0300 123 23 23 or downloading the NHS Give Blood app.
Blood stock levels around the country have fallen, due to higher cancellations due to illness and the annual drop in donation over summer, when people are busy with holidays and events.
Donors with O positive are particularly needed. Donors of all other types are welcome, especially O and B negative.
Hospitals are continuing to receive all the blood they need but more donations are urgently needed to ensure stocks do not fall further.